The Hidden Job Market and the 80/20 Rule
- The 80/20 Rule
- 20% of your time focused on job boards
- 80% of your time doing informational interviews, networking with your leaders in your field, and volunteering in the community.
- What you'll learn in this course:
- How to discover opportunities that will never appear on a job board.
- How you can make meaningful connections with industry thought leaders and other professionals who can fire up your job search.
- How to “cold call” a potential contact.
- What specific strategies you can use to set up informational interviews, attend networking events, find a mentor, ace a job interview, and more.
- What you'll need for this course:
- Paper and pen to take notes
- Your resume. And make sure it is up to date!
- Your address book or rolodex, either online or physical
- A good attitude. (Or, at the very least, a nice cup of coffee!)
- Make sure you get connected with fellow course participants and the Mac’s List team on our private Facebook group: The Mac’s List Job Hackers.
- Our Favorite Niche Job Boards | Mac's List
- The Mac's List Job Hackers - Our Private Group for Course Participants | Facebook
- Hack the Hidden Job Market - Transcript for Lesson 1 | Mac's List